GuitarLodge.com

Online Guitar & Bass Community

GuitarLodge.com
Online Guitar & Bass Community
Cartoon

Go Back   GuitarLodge.com Guitar & Bass Forum > Guitar & Bass Talk > Music Lounge

Old 06-21-2005, 09:55 PM
1st fret

"Record Producer from Dimension X"

I've written a novel called "Record Producer from Dimension X." It's a satire of the music business. There are so many things to make fun of that it practically wrote itself.

I'm a drummer and recording studio owner. I've worked closely with the guitarist in my band for 15 years, and I pretty much used all my knowledge of music and recording in the course of writing this book. It touches on a lot of interesting subjects ranging from guitar sounds to microtonal music to the state of the music business.

I've made a website for it. I'm going to post 3 chapters a week, so I can get comments & criticism and see if it generates any buzz. It may or may not be publishable, so for now it's just for fun.

Here's the website: Record Producer from Dimension X
Old 06-22-2005, 06:41 AM
21st fret

looks interssting, is yjat digital studio really called that?
Old 06-22-2005, 12:23 PM
8th fret

Did ya ever smoke a wack of bobo and come up with this awesome idea and put it down on paper and then whe you were not smokin you read and said "what was I thinking of...."

Sorry . not compelling enough to read. I tried and I dont see the point. Is it supposed to be Novel, handbook about recording technique or a screenplay?
if it's a novel it doesnt grab attention at all and there are these plain descriptions of people and things rather than making them a part of the story and a reason to keep reading to find out what's what
If it's a recording handbook then ...well you know
and if it's a screen play, which it kind of reads like, then I get on down to your community theatre and go for it!
Old 06-22-2005, 01:35 PM
1st fret

It's a novel, and it has a plot. Every character is there for a reason. Jimmy, Prester, Bastard, and others play an important role later on. The next installment on Monday will have some suprises.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:37 PM
1st fret

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchavo
looks interssting, is yjat digital studio really called that?
What, "Kasugi Recording Laboratories"? Actually, "Recording Laboratory" is a 1930's term for a recording studio. I made the Blenderman logo by photoshopping an old blues record.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:43 PM
8th fret

That's great and fun to read. I read all 13 odd sections there already, waiting for the next.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:31 AM
1st fret

Thanks ... I'll post more every Monday and try to keep up the quality. The whole thing is written so I just have to polish it up a bit.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:40 AM
13th fret

That's some funny s**t Fenris. I didn't read it all, but you have a nice style. Keep up the good work. If you haven't though of it already you might be able to sell pdfs or ebooks online somewhere. It's pretty industry specific, which means you might not have a lot of readership, but if you have a story, tell it!

Best regards.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:12 AM
1st fret

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand six years later, RPFDX has been completely re-written and released in print as LOKI'S CHILD: a tale of music, revolution, and revenge.

LOKI'S CHILD
exposes the lies and scams of the music industry, and then it does the same for the political system. The overriding theme is cultural psychosis, an entire culture going insane and destroying itself. It's simultaneously very dark and very funny.

Here's the website with 2 free samples which are quite entertaining on their own:

http://fenrisaudio.com/lokischild